Re: troubles with cvs

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: troubles with cvs
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 18:59:01 -0400

On Oct 10, 2007, at 6:52 PM, Kim Hansen wrote:

On 10/11/07, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
I've been unable to access the cvs for the last day, or so.

bens-macbook:~/cvs/octave bpabbott$ echo $CVS_ROOT
ssh
bens-macbook:~/cvs/octave bpabbott$ cvs update
velveeta.che.wisc.edu: Operation timed out
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
if any)
bens-macbook:~/cvs/octave bpabbott$ ping velveeta.che.wisc.edu
PING velveeta.che.wisc.edu (128.104.176.132): 56 data bytes
^C
--- velveeta.che.wisc.edu ping statistics ---
168 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss
bens-macbook:~/cvs/octave bpabbott$ ping www.octave.org

It looks like there is a problem in the network between you and the
cvs server, I think that a traceroute might give a clue to where the
problem is.

Kim, Thanks for the suggestion.

John already spotted my erorr. In my haste cut-n-part from the website CVS_RSH, I grabbed CVS_ROOT instead

Ben