Re: wavwrite

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: wavwrite
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 08:41:52 -0700

Came with my Windows binary
   octave 2.1.50a-inst.exe

I don't use the 2.9.13 binary very often, because the plot
functions required me to rewrite ALL my scripts plus even
after rewritten I couldn't get them to work right, so gave
up for now.

Attached functions for your use.

I may have rewritten the functions to prevent 'toggling'
when the signal is zero.  In other words, the bit boundary
encompasses zero, instead of straddling it.  But don't
remember now.

There should be some chatter in the archives concerning
wavread and wavwrite before June 2004.

Robert

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 17:25:23 +0200
 "Schirmacher, Rolf" <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Hello Robert,
>
> where did you get your wavwrite from?
>
> Mine is the one distributed with the windows binary
> distribution of 2.9.13,
> giving
>
> octave.exe> help wavwrite
>  -- Function File:  wavwrite (FILENAME, Y)
>      Write Y to the canonical RIFF/WAVE sound file
> FILENAME. A sample
>      rate of 8000 Hz and 16-bit samples are assumed. Each
> column of
>      the data represents a separate channel.
>
>  -- Function File:  wavwrite (FILENAME, Y, FS)
>      Set the sample rate to FS Hz.
>
>  -- Function File:  wavwrite (FILENAME, Y, FS, BITS)
>      Set the sample rate to FS Hz and resolution to BITS
> bits.
>
>      See also: wavread.

c:\programme\octave\share\octave\2.9.13\m\audio\wavwrite.m