Re: urlread

From: Alexander Barth
Subject: Re: urlread
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 10:03:25 -0400

GAIL wrote:
The urlread function doesn't do anything for me; it just returns the empty
string, as follows:

octave> urlread ("ftp://ftp.octave.org/pub/octave/README";);
ans =

I use octave-2.9.14. What am I doing wrong?

Which

Do you have curl (library and in development package) installed?
They are named libcurl3 and libcurl3-dev in Ubuntu/Debian and curl and
curl-devel in Fedora.
The configure script should tell you if curl was found.

(You didn't specify the operating system you are using and from where you got octave. I assumed that you compiled from source under Linux).

Alex