Re: Nice plots for TeX in windows environments?

From: Stefan Mahr
Subject: Re: Nice plots for TeX in windows environments?
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 01:00:42 +0200

I want to use octave/gnuplot plots for latex documents and as I have to work
on an win xp machine, the most convenient way is to use pdf(la)tex directly,
i.e. no dvi/ps/... postprocessing. pdf(la)tex supports pdf, png and jpeg
directly, but no ps, etc.

i use the latex package epstopdf:

\usepackage{epstopdf}
\includegraphics{images/firgures.eps}

now you have to run pdflatex with the parameter -shell-escape:

pdflatex -shell-escape document.tex

now pdflatex will convert your eps images to pdf
i dont know if it works on xp. with texlive/linux it works