Re: creating the new file- Octave

From: Steve Thompson
Subject: Re: creating the new file- Octave
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 13:39:46 -0700

Hi Tomek,

To make a new file, you'll need to use a text editor.  Start up your
favorite text editor---there are many: Notepad, Wordpad, Emacs, Vim,
gedit, TextPad, TextMate, etc---and create a file with extension ".m".
For example, test.m.  In test.m, put your octave commands and run
"test" at the Octave command prompt to run the file.

(Sorry if I'm being too basic, but you do admit to being a new user.
Many new users to Octave don't really know where to begin since
there is not a graphical user interface.  Good luck!)

Steve