Re:

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re:
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 16:21:51 +0200

Abhishek Khanna wrote:
> I ve downloaded the version 2.9.13 for windows from the source.forge.
> I ve also downloaded the various bundles which are not yet integrated
> with the 34.5 MB set up file. However after installation I am facing
> problems. First of all the space occupied by the installation is
> around 80 MB which is half the space taken by 2.1.73 and the
> information at website says it required around 200 MB.
You only need the installer the rest is either in it or downloaded from it.

> Interface is not the same as that for 2.1.73. When the octave is
> launched I get a view which is similar to the view of MATLAB version
> 3.0 and it is nowhere same as that in 2.1.73.
The rxvt used as the terminal in the cygwin version of Octave used for
2.1.73 is a nice terminal. However it doesn't make sense to have all of
cygwin available just to allow the use of rxvt. The psuedo terminal
emulation of the rxvt in MiNGW is completely broken and makes a mess of
the readline code used with Octave. I think you'd prefer to loose rxvt
rather than readline.. To get a terminal that is slower but perhaps
nicer you can use the Console2 terminal that is an install option of the
Octave installer.

> I am unable to launch the editor by using the command “edit’ and also
> unable to run any script file composed using any editor ( say note pad
> ). I feel that I ve some patch lacking in the installation. I ve
> downloaded. I ve downloaded the installation file form the following link
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2888
> </exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2888>

See the thread.

http://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2007-September/004104.html

this will be fixed in the next release of the installer, if you don't
want to replace octaverc file yourself...

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary