Re: oct files on Mac OS X

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: oct files on Mac OS X
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 11:29:12 -0600

Thomas Treichl wrote:
Jonathan Stickel schrieb:
Out of curiosity, does someone know why oct files are an order of magnitude larger in Mac OS X than in Linux? For example,

Gentoo linux, amd64, rand.oct:  48 kb
Mac OS X, i386, rand.oct:  757 kb

Which distribution of Octave for Mac?
I can see in Octave.app with 'ls -l'

  50652 Sep 19 19:34 rand.oct

So 2kB more than on Linux - that's ok for me.

Thomas

I have octave installed via Fink.

I just noticed that liboctinterp.2.9.14.dylib is 160 MB on my Mac, while it is 10 MB in Linux. Other standard system libraries do not have nearly as large a disparity. I will check into this...

Jonathan