Re: Problem with Octave-2.9.14

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Problem with Octave-2.9.14
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 20:00:12 -0400

On  3-Oct-2007, Rajkiran wrote:

|       I've set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the directory
| containing liboctave.so etc. and it works fine. However, when
| I look at the 'path' variable, it does not load the paths of
| directories that contain m-files that come with octave source
| distribution. Where should I make the appropriate changes ?

What directories does the path function display?

Are you trying to run Octave in the build directory?

Did you ever run "make install" to actually install it?

If you didn't install it, but are trying to run it from the build
directory, then use the run-octave script.  That should properly set
the path.  But this is not the recommended way to use Octave.  You
really should run "make install" to properly install everything.

You're not giving us much information.  I don't think you ever told us
exactly how you configured and compiled Octave, or exactly what kind
of system you have, etc.

jwe