Re: Problem with Octave-2.9.14

From: Rajkiran
Subject: Re: Problem with Octave-2.9.14
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 18:38:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

        Now, everything works fine. The key I think was when I re-installed,
I've specified srcdir explicitly. This seems to have solved my problem.

Thanks all of you for your support in resolving my issue. I hope to contribute
to Octave.

Thanks,
Rajkiran

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Muthiah Annamalai wrote:

> Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 17:13:38 -0500
> From: Muthiah Annamalai <address@hidden>
> To: John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
> Cc: Rajkiran <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> Subject: Re: Problem with Octave-2.9.14
>
> On 10/3/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On  3-Oct-2007, Rajkiran wrote:
> >
> > |       I see that it is picking up m-files from another installation
> > | on my system. How can I change the path from where it picks octave's
> > | m-files ?
> >
> > It should just work.  If you run what you think is the octave-2.9.14
> > binary and version still returns 2.1.50, then you are not running
> > 2.9.14.  The fact that the version function returns 2.1.50 should tell
> > you that something is screwed up.  What is the output of running ls -l
> > in the directory where you think octave 2.9.14 is installed?  Have you
> > tried removing 2.1.50?  How did you install 2.9.14?
> >
> > jwe
> >

> One quick check to run 2.9.14 or whatever  version, from the sources
> is to do a
>
> cd octave-2.9.14/
> ./run-octave
>
> and actually see if you compiled octave successfully. This must
> unambiguously startup 2.9.14, if you built it at all.
>
> -Muthu

                        RAJKIRAN PANUGANTI
        DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
        www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~panugant/index.html
572, Stinchcomb Drive,                          474 Dreese Laboratories
Apt#6                                           2015, Neil Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201-1277                         Columbus, OH 43210-1277
Phone: 614-330-9124                             Phone: 614-292-7036