octaviz Mac OS X

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: octaviz Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 15:01:23 -0400

On  3-Oct-2007, Jonathan Stickel wrote:

| Has anyone managed to get Octaviz to work on Mac OS X?  After much
| effort, I managed to have it compile and install.  Now I get:
|
| octave:6> vtk_init
| error: couldn't link module
| /sw/lib/octave/2.9.14/site/oct/i386-apple-darwin/octaviz/vtk_init.oct
|
| The file is in the location specified.  Any advice?

My guess is that vtk_init.oct has some unresolved symbols.  If it
links with other libraries, are they installed somewhere that is
searched by the dynamic linker, in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or some other
equivalent (I don't know the details of making dynamic linking work on
OS X, so this is just a guess).

jwe