Re: Executing octave from Octave.app (Macintosh)

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: Executing octave from Octave.app (Macintosh)
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 17:26:01 +0200

Vic Norton schrieb:
How to get the octave in Octave.app to execute from terminal:
    $ octave
and to be called by the shebang line
    #!/usr/local/bin/octave.

Put the two-line, shell-script "octave"
    #!/bin/sh
    /Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave
in /usr/local/bin and make it executable.

I guess this should be obvious, but it wasn't obvious to me. I've wasted a lot of time trying to get symbolic links to work.

Regards,

Vic

Yes ok Vic, I'll add this knowledge to the Readme.html file of the Octave.dmg for the next release of Octave.app as an alternative if somebody has the same problems.

  Thomas