Re: How do you read a .bmp file?

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: How do you read a .bmp file?
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 09:55:24 -0700

Thank you for your very prompt response and URL's.

I think I went through this before and found Imagmagic is
always missing or such.  Do remember I got some custom code
from here that allowed me to make colored .bmp images.

I do most of the work on the Win98
running binary octave 2.1.50a

I have an adjacent machine running WinXP Professional which
I could try running the binary 2.9.12. I don't use that
version of octave, because all my plot routines died.

However, I could open the .bmp with it, store the data as
.txt, and then open the data file using 2.1.50a

Is that possible?  Does 2.9.12 have an easy way to read
.bmp's ?

Robert

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2888&package_id=29785