Re: What should an Octave GUI be like?

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: What should an Octave GUI be like?
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 21:54:59 +0200

>I haven't used QtOctave, but I would be keen on a decent GUI. I prefer
>the small independent subwindows that you can move around and put
>where YOU want them. Being a Linux user, I do find a lot of Windows
>app GUIs a bit cumbersome.

I'm not a user interface expert, but I have used a lot Windows and Mac
in the past, and I occasionally still use them.  I find Gimp's approach
difficult to digest.  Probably I have not studied it much, and I do not
know how to manage the small independent windows, but I never manage to
find easily what I am looking for, and windows overlap and I keep losing
them.  Note that I am a very primitive user of Gimp, I am writing this
just to give another point of view.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice: +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Fax:   +39 050 315 2040