Re: What should an Octave GUI be like?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: What should an Octave GUI be like?
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:59:36 -0700 (PDT)

Jordi,

I agree with your qualification of one large workspace where several
non-overlapping windows coexist presents mostly useless information at any
given point of time. However, I'd like to point out that if the desire is to
mimic the Matlab interface, this behavior may be customized.

For example, I've configured Matlab's desktop to only present the "Command
Window" and "Toolbar". My editor is shown in a separate window. I don't even
have a window for "Command History", "Workspace", etc as my standard
configuration.

I thought I'd give a quick reply so as to avoid anyone inferring that your
inquiry is an either/or.