'colormap' does not return the current color map

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: 'colormap' does not return the current color map
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:49:31 -0700

'colormap'  does not return the current color map. I have to use
' cmap = get (gcf (), "colormap") ' (line 74 in colormap.m)
to get the current colormap. Works for me when using octave-2.1.71.

Can somebody please check if they have the same problem. I'm using new
octave-2.9.14 application on Mac PPC.
Henry

octave-2.9.14:24> help colormap
 -- Function File:  colormap (MAP)
 -- Function File:  colormap ("default")
     Set the current colormap.

     `colormap (MAP)' sets the current colormap to MAP.  The color map
     should be an N row by 3 column matrix.  The columns contain red,
     green, and blue intensities respectively.  All entries should be
     between 0 and 1 inclusive.  The new colormap is returned.

     `colormap ("default")' restores the default colormap (the `jet' map
     with 64 entries).  The default colormap is returned.

     With no arguments, `colormap' returns the current color map.

octave-2.9.14:26> colormap  ## Does not produce the colormap
octave-2.9.14:27> cmap = get (gcf (), "colormap")
cmap =

   0.00000   0.00000   0.50000
   0.00000   0.00000   0.56349
   0.00000   0.00000   0.62698
## cut
## is default colormap which is now 'jet' (similar to rainbow).
Was gray in octave-2.1.71.