Has anyone successfully compiled and run Octave 2.9.13+ from source on S

From: John
Subject: Has anyone successfully compiled and run Octave 2.9.13+ from source on Solaris 10 x86?
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:17:57 -0700

Hello,

I compiled Octave 2.9.13, on Solaris 10 x86. It cores when I try to invoke it, though. Has anyone built and ran it from source successfully, on Solaris 10 x86? If so, could you supply the group with the output of the "ldd" command, and any other information that could help with the compilation? I have been compiling it with gcc, in an attempt to, temporarily, avoid the SunStudio arcanum. Any help and suggestions would be greatfully appreciated.

Cheers,

John