Re: eps & LaTeX

From: Peter A. Gustafson
Subject: Re: eps & LaTeX
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:57:24 -0400

On Tuesday 18 September 2007 08:00:41 am Ben Abbott wrote:
> I decided it best to start a new thread so as not avoid hijacking Marco
> Squassina's post :-)
>
> When I've time to spare, I'm presently working on an Octave script that
> will permit the generation LaTeX figures using psfrag. It's functionality
> is intended to be similar to the script LaPrint.m for Matlab.
>
> With regards to saving/printing figures via print('example.eps','-depsc'),
> is there a manner by which to set the size of the figure?
>
> If not, may I assume that this property will eventually be a reflection of
> Matlab's?

Ben,

There has been discussion on this floating around the maintainers list.  A
patch is available there, but it wasn't accepted since it wasn't matlab
compatible.

Part of the problem was a lack of familiarity with Matlab's property and
syntax on this issue... and that a workable (although incompatible) solution
was written.  When that happened, I think the development ceased because the
need had been met for those who were interested in working on it.

If you are interested in seeing this feature, please find the thread on the
maintainers list and give some help.  A description of the properties and
appropriate syntax _may_ get work started again.

Pete