error in installing image package on Octave

From: Du Tiehua
Subject: error in installing image package on Octave
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 02:26:32 -0700 (PDT)

I am using a Pc running windowsXp. I just installed Octave 2.9.13 for windows
successfully. However, when I installed the image package by typing "pkg
install image-1.0.2.tar.gz", i got the following error message:
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
see 'config.log' for more details.
error: the configure script returned the following error: cheking for gcc...
no
checking for cc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl...  no
error: called from 'pkg: config_make' in file C:\program
files\Octave\share\octave\2.9.13\m\pkg\pkg.m near line 989, column 2
In fact, I have a visual studio.net installed in my computer, and i have
added it into the system path. but still could not install the image
package.

Any kind help or suggestions are appreciated.

Du Tiehua