Re: Removal from mailing list

From: David Bateman
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:43:55 +0200

nathan edwards wrote:
> Hi as I no longer need to use Octave, can I please be removed from the
> help mailing list. This email address is the one I usually receive the
> emails on.
>
> Thanks

All mailman controlled lists are handled in the same way and the
reminder of the unsubscribe procedure is in the header of all mails to
this see. For example the header of your mail has

<quote>

        <mailto:address@hidden>

</quote>

Additionally the lists page at http://www.octave.org/archive.html itself
states

<quote>
You can (un)subscribe to the list by following instructions on the <a
href="http://www.cae.wisc.edu/mailman/listinfo/info-octave";>list
information page
<http://www.cae.wisc.edu/mailman/listinfo/info-octave>.</a>"
</quote>

and the Manual
(http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Service.html#Service)
states the same with additionallly

<quote>
*Please do not* send requests to be added or removed from the mailing
list, or other administrative trivia to the list itself.
</quote>

Could those tempted to sent unsubscribe requests to the list in the
future please take note!!!

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only