From: oxyopes
Subject: loading a function from the same dir as script.oct
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:24:47 +0200

Hi friends,
i realized that a function, say, func.m will be automaticaly
found if it is on the same dir as I am when calling octave.
But if I do
     octave ~/scripts/myscript.oct
and myscript.oct calles func.m, which is in ~/scripts/func.m
then func will not be found. How can I make myscript.oct
search for function definitions in its directory, whithout
having to set an absolute path inside the script.
This is useful since i want to make the script
executable in different machines.
Thanks a lot for your attention ...

PS: things like addpath(pwd) do not work because
pwd will be where i am in the shell, and not where
myscript.oct is.