Re: Cannot open load file --version

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Cannot open load file --version
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 20:01:35 -0700

While the help file for plot.m needs to be updated, I suggest that
>>       Cannot open load file '--version'
>>         line 0: (No such file or directory)
Is due to something other than what was suggested by James.

Both
t = 0:0.1:6.3;
plot (t, cos(t), "-;cos(t);", t, sin(t), "+3;sin(t);");
and
t = 0:0.1:6.3;
plot(t, cos(t), "-", t, sin(t), "+");
legend("cos(t)", "sin(t)");
should work.
The first version specifies the key(s), the second version is using a legend
which can be placed anywhere and has other options (see help legend) but
when no position is specified it will look exactly like a key.  In addition
there's a slight difference in terms of color specification between the two
versions.
Henry