Re: Win32 Octave problems

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Win32 Octave problems
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 22:27:01 +0200

On 8/21/07, RadSurfer <address@hidden> wrote:
> for one thing, the program mkoctfile.exe fails to respond to the option
>     --link-stand-alone
> even though it is listed if you do
> mkoctfile.exe -?,    under Win32 !!
>
> when you actually try the statement:
> mkoctfile --link-stand-alone hello.cc -o hello
> one of _2_ errors becomes immediately apparent under Win32:
>
> 1) "Program " no such file or program (there's a space in there!)

Normally, mkoctfile should be robust against spaces in install path
(at least when started from command prompt, not from octave prompt),
but apparently I didn't fix all possible cases. I'll have a look. Maybe you
could use the "-v" flag and report the commands that are executed
internally by mkoctfile; this would help locating the problem.
For the time being, it's probably safer to install octave into a location
without a space in its path.

> 2) --link-stand-alone, unknown option, even though it is listed with -?  !!!

There's actually a bug here: mkoctfile looks for --link_stand_alone, instead
of the documented --link-stand-alone (note the underscores).

Michael.