Re: Integrating scattered data

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Integrating scattered data
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:38:03 -0500

On 21/08/07, Rupert Swarbrick <address@hidden> wrote:
> Being marginally more helpful, I notice that Octave forge has code for
> Delaunay triangulations, which might do what you need - if the surface
> isn't too steep, I suspect you could triangulate and then sum the areas
> under the triangles?

Yes, I mentioned the Delaunay triangulation in my original post, which
gives a linearly good approximation to the actual integral. I was
wondering if a quadratic approximation was feasible with current
Octave functions or if I'd have to write such a function myself.

Oh, and my surface is integrable, which means it's almost continuous.
;-) It's probably also as smooth as you could want it, but it's very
wavy. It is, in fact, a solution of the nonlinear shallow water wave
equations, without shocks.

- Jordi G. H.