Win32 Octave problems

From: RadSurfer
Subject: Win32 Octave problems
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 19:46:48 -0700 (PDT)

A friend of mine and I have both encountered some disturbing problems with
the Win32 version of Octave 2.9.13,
we were attempting to compile a CPP program to create a standalone
application, as per,

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Standalone-Programs.html#Standalone-Programs

Under Redhat CentOS 5, I actually was successful at compiling and linking
that standalone program!

Under win32, both of us had terrible trouble!

for one thing, the program mkoctfile.exe fails to respond to the option
     --link-stand-alone
even though it is listed if you do
mkoctfile.exe -?,    under Win32 !!

when you actually try the statement:
mkoctfile --link-stand-alone hello.cc -o hello
one of _2_ errors becomes immediately apparent under Win32:

1) "Program " no such file or program (there's a space in there!)
2) --link-stand-alone, unknown option, even though it is listed with -?  !!!

also, in the \program
files\octave\shared\octave\m\miscellaneous\mkoctfile.m,
--link-stand-alone, is listed in the script !!

So what gives?
How can we achieve the same result under Win32 ?
Where are these exceptions listed?