Re: Did I miss something about structures and function handles

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Did I miss something about structures and function handles
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 00:42:39 -0400

On 18/08/07, kensmith <address@hidden> wrote:
> Imagine that the "this" was "$$$$".  I'm fairly sure that $$$$ isn't a
> MatLab symbol.  All MatLab code could still run in octave.

Not the Matlab code that uses Matlab OOP.

Seriously, although sometime I find myself hoping that Matlab
compatibility isn't a design goal, it's what the majority wants, and
in the end what we should do. This does mean, unfortunately, that
we're going to have to play catch-up with Matlab until Octave
surpasses Matlab in userbase (ah, to see the day that Matlab plays
catch-up with Octave like Internet Explorer did with Firefox...)

The code is already out there. Lots more Matlab code than Octave code.
If we want to increase usage of Octave, making Matlab as much a subset
of Octave as possible is the way to go.

Anyways, this probably belongs in the dev list. We should continue it
there, if you wish.

- Jordi G. H.