Re: Color and point style in plot.m

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Color and point style in plot.m
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 17:37:34 +0200

Henry F. Mollet skrev:
I have looked at the matlab instructions (see below) for plot.m but I seem
to run into similar problems as when using help for plot.m in Octave. Some
of it works, some does not. Not sure if a triplet specification for the
LineSpec argument works.

4 line styles are given but only -(solid) seems to work;
Yeah, I don't think the other line styles work at the moment.

13 marker symbols are given but less than half seem to be working; no
warnings appear, the graph just uses something else. I could summarize
exactly what works and what does not, if it were of any help. For example,

plot (x, -y1, "r.;-y1 using r. for red point;")
Produces red plus(+).
This actually works for me, using gnuplot 4.2 with octave 2.9.13 on Ubuntu linux. I'm guessing that this is a problem with gnuplot. Perhaps AquaTerm acts different from WxTerm?

8 colors are given and they all work.
You can also set colors as RGB triblets. That is to plot a red line you could do
  plot(x, y, "color", [1, 0, 0])

Perhaps matlab-compatible cannot be accomplished if we want to/have to use
gnuplot?
Perfect matlab compatibility will never be achieved, but we are pretty close to matching the most commonly used commands.

Søren