Re: Color and point style in plot.m

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Color and point style in plot.m
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 18:48:42 -0700

I have looked at the matlab instructions (see below) for plot.m but I seem
to run into similar problems as when using help for plot.m in Octave. Some
of it works, some does not. Not sure if a triplet specification for the
LineSpec argument works.

4 line styles are given but only -(solid) seems to work;

13 marker symbols are given but less than half seem to be working; no
warnings appear, the graph just uses something else. I could summarize
exactly what works and what does not, if it were of any help. For example,

plot (x, -y1, "r.;-y1 using r. for red point;")
Produces red plus(+).

8 colors are given and they all work.

Perhaps matlab-compatible cannot be accomplished if we want to/have to use
gnuplot?
Henry

According to
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/index.html?/access/hel