Re: Color and point style in plot.m

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Color and point style in plot.m
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 23:23:42 +0200

Hi,
Well, since the documentation has yet to be written, you can't exactly read that. The new plotting system for Octave is still based on gnuplot, so it's "only" the Octave interface that has changed. The new interface is mostly matlab compatible so you should be able to learn the new system by looking into the matlab docs (they are online). As to you j-handles questions. Looking at the Octave forge web pages, it seems to me that you should be able to at least build j-handles on a mac, but I think you are right that it doesn't work (I'm not sure though). I don't think there currently are any plans to make j-handles the standard plotting system of Octave. It is however very likely that the gnuplot system will be replaced sometime after Octave 3.0 has been released. I'm guessing that j-handles would be a good candidate for a new system, but no decisions have been made.

Søren

Henry F. Mollet skrev:
Where can I familiarize myself with the new plotting system? Does new
plotting system mean j-handles and where exactly can I get them. If I
remember correctly, there was a posting that j-handles don't not yet work on
a Mac. So far I've been trying by trial and error to find out what will
still work with gnuplot. It's probably not the best way to proceed but it's
the only thing I knew how to do.
Henry