Re: Gnuplot frontend

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: Gnuplot frontend
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 22:34:32 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 16.08.2007, 17:09 +0100 schrieb Rupert Swarbrick:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm a debian unstable user and was very excited to find octave using
> the pretty new gnuplot frontend a couple of weeks ago, then rather
> disappointed to find the newest versions of the packages are back to
> the old version.

You are using i386, is that correct? This is a wild guess, but it may be
related to the latest binNMU. The Debian package has gnuplot-nox as
build-dependency and it seems this now[1] makes a difference:

"checking to see if your gnuplot supports multiple plot windows... no"

> I was wondering whether anyone knew what caused the differences in
> interface with gnuplot and whether I can get the exciting new one (with
> working zoom, preferably)!

If the above is true, from your nearest mirror with the next upload.
This will however take some time (sorry, people are on vacations).

[1] The decision to use gnuplot-nox instead of gnuplot has historical
reasons: at one point, the different packages were out of sync and
prevented the installation of gnuplot for package builds; so we chose
gnuplot-nox to be able to build Octave at all.

        Thomas