Re: Octave and optimal control

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Octave and optimal control
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 21:46:56 +0100

On 8/15/07, Thomas Weber <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I looked at the web page and all I see there are some self-extracting
> > .exe files.
>
> These are self-extracting archives, just run
>         $ unzip PC5D0.EXE
>
> I had a look at the license. It's non-free by every definition. And the
> license fees are "interesting". I think I know why there haven't been
> any updates on this software for several years.

Thanks to all. Actually, I am a new in the kingdom of Octave, and I
did not know that it is almost fully compatible with Matlab. I am
impressed!

I am trying to solve numerically problems like the following
(expressed in LaTeX), but I cannot find a free tool to do that in
Linux:

\[
\max_{x\left(\cdot\right)}\int_{-\pi}^{\pi}x\sin\left(x\right)dx,\;
\dot{x}=u,\;\left|u\right|\leq1,\; x\left(-\pi\right)=x\left(\pi
\right)=0.\]

Paul