octcdf, issue in example_netcdf.m

From: Claudio Belotti
Subject: octcdf, issue in example_netcdf.m
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:47:34 +0100

Dear all,
I installed the octcdf package from octaveforge when I run the
example_netcdf.m I get an error on line 31

error: unable to resize object to fewer than 2 dimensions
error: assignment failed, or no method for `ncfile = range'
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 31, column 20
error: near line 31 of file
`/home/bel8/usr/octave/octcdf-1.0.3/example_netcdf.m'

that is where the command
nc{'longitude'}(:) = longitude;
is given

if I cut and paste the code (i.e. without stopping because of the
errors) the example.nc is written and correctly read but again when I
try to get the longitude or latitude values I obtain:
error: unable to resize object to fewer than 2 dimensions

I tried with
longitude = linspace(-179,180,360);
but I only get a
error: assignment failed, or no method for `ncfile = matrix'

I have the same problem with an independent netcdf file: I can read
correctly the main data but not the value of the indipendent variables
(in this case pressure lat and lon).

Can anyone clarify on this?

thank you
Claudio