Path treatment issue Octave on mingw : pkg.m

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Path treatment issue Octave on mingw : pkg.m
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 06:29:23 +0900 (JST)

Dear sirs,

I'm have been trying to build Octave 2.9.13.  As reported
previously, it worked well in preliminary sense.  The
speed for built binary was sufficient.
I'm now working mkoctfile and pkg commands.

The mingw octave have been of course on msys environments.
  The msys treats the path name in unix like style.  While
the built octave binary returns the windows like path.

The functions octave on mingw binary return the path in
windows style.  For example, OCTAVE_HOME () returns

C:\Programs\msys\1.0\local\octave-2.9.13

In the revise of mkoctfile.m, the script was very simple,
the problem was solved easily.

I have read 'pkg.m', it is complicated so I have not
understand how it works yet.  Does 'pkg.m' require the
posix like environments?  If so I have to write a function
to get the msys path from the window path.

This is my situation now.
Please give me helpful advices.

Sincerely

Tatsuro Matsuoka