Re: installing Octave 2.9.13 on Windows XP

From: Michael Grossbach
Subject: Re: installing Octave 2.9.13 on Windows XP
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:02:08 +0200

Milica Barjaktarovic wrote:
I would really appreciate if someone can help me find and install the Octave on Windows XP.

Go here
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2888&package_id=40078&release_id=527881
to download the installer for Windows.

The octave web page for version 2.9.13 says to go the cygwin web page and look under
folder "math" but I don't see such a folder there. Any ideas?
If you really want octave using cygwin then you first need to install
cygwin's setup.exe, run it, choose a server to download from and *then*
look in the math section for Octave. You don't need to do (and probably
shouldn't do) it if you use the installer from the link given above.

Michael