Re: colorbars

From: James Sherman Jr.
Subject: Re: colorbars
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 15:56:19 -0400

My suggestion if you want to do it a quick and dirty way would be to do this.
(quoting from here: https://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/2007-August/005133.html )

>If you can't produce the plot you need from within Octave I'd
>suggest to save the data to a file (e.g. a text file) and plot it
>using gnuplot direclty. You may also put your gnuplot commands into a
>script file and call this script from within Octave to automate the
>process (take a look at Octaves 'system' command).
I'm sure others, more knowledgeable than I, can help you if you're looking to make/apply a patch.

James

On 8/9/07, Daniel Oberhoff <address@hidden> wrote:
Regarding the colorbars in gnuplot: I have figured out the commands
to do image plots in gnuplot with properly scaled colorbar (or
without one). How would I go about hacking octave to use them? All I
could find regarding gnuplot was __gnuplot_raw__.cc, and that seems
to be flex generated. Would I need to learn flex first?

Daniel