Filled plots taking advantage of gnuplot's filledcurves line style?

From: Peter Gustafson
Subject: Filled plots taking advantage of gnuplot's filledcurves line style?
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 15:09:50 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to determine if gnuplot's filledcurves linestyle has been
implemented in 2.9.13+.

I see in __go_draw_axes__.m the option specification filledcurve, and it
appears under a the switch case "patch".  I assume this means it is
implemented (or is meant to be, now or in the future).

However, I can't figure out exactly how to get there or if it really is
what I expect.  I thought I might be able to use the following code,
however it didn't work.

octave:4> h=plot(sin(0:pi));
octave:5> set(h,"type","patch");
warning: set: invalid property `type'

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks,

Pete