Re: inferior octave mode in emacs

From: Matt Coleman
Subject: Re: inferior octave mode in emacs
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 09:58:15 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I am not sure how to add octave to my path. I added the lines

(setenv "PATH"
        (concat (expand-file-name <<C:\Program Files\GNU Octave 2.1.73>>)
                path-separator (getenv "PATH")))

to my .emacs file but this is not right. I know almost nothing about lisp
programming so I am not sure what to do.

Please check whether octave is in your $PATH so that emacs can find it.

I have another (next level) problem: octave starts up and totally blocks
emacs - and I have to kill emacs the hard way (Windows task manager) :-(

Is there anybody having it run successfully on windows or is there some
basic problem with input/output on this OS inhibiting it to work properly?

Thanks,

schi