inferior octave mode in emacs

From: Matt Coleman
Subject: inferior octave mode in emacs
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:58:50 -0700 (PDT)

Does anyone have an inferior octave mode set up for emacs 22.1.1 on a windows
system?

I am able to use the octave editing mode just fine, however, when I try "M-x
run-octave" emacs tells me that "no such file or directory, octave". I have
both octave-inf.el and octave-inf.elc in C:\emacs-22.1\lisp\progmodes. I
also have the line (autoload 'run-octave "octave-inf" nil t) added to my
_emacs file in C:\emacs-22.1\bin. Anyone have some suggestions or hints for
me?

Thanks,
Matt