Re: help:Is there any OCtave 2.9xx DEB packages for Ubuntu Dappar

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: help:Is there any OCtave 2.9xx DEB packages for Ubuntu Dappar
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 09:32:27 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 31.07.2007, 09:24 +0800 schrieb Xaero :
> Hello buddies, From apt-get, only 2.1xx available.

I think the correct place for such a request is Launchpad. I don't know
if the LTS terms apply to the "universe" section as well, so maybe they
will update the packages.

> And I just can not make Octave from its source successfully.

Please post the error messages. If the rest of your system should stay
at Dapper level, you might miss some functionality in the resulting
binaries, but most stuff should be there.

One alternative might be the usage of "chroots".

> Who has deb packages please inform me

You are aware of the fact that a packager has root privileges on your
machine? Installing packages from unknown sources is a big NO-NO.

Regards
        Thomas