Re: Error while trying to install the newest version of octave!

From: Phil
Subject: Re: Error while trying to install the newest version of octave!
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 00:08:25 +0000 (UTC)

David Bateman <David.Bateman <at> motorola.com> writes:

> To be able to call "./run-octave" at all he already has a successful
> build. So your problem is irrelevant here (BTW did you try gnu make as I
> asked)...The issue here is more likely the spaces in the pathname,
> though I wanted someone more familiar with the issues of the windows
> platforms to respond.. I believe this might have been fixed in the CVS,
> though Michael would have to respond to be certain..

  I don't think it has to do with spaces in the path name.  I'm getting the same
error and I've build Octave in a directory tree with no spaces in its name.
  Any ideas?  I am also using Cygwin.  Unfortunately, README.Cygwin does not
have instructions on building.  It pretty much says use the Cygwin package.
However, the Cygwin package is still 2.1.x.