Re: octaviz without render window

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: octaviz without render window
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:03:13 -0600

Lieven

I don't think image output is possible without a render window. There is also an issue with the render window needing to be on top; if it is behind another window, the image output will show the overlapping window. However, there is a workaround by using Xvfb (X virtual frame buffer). You can do something like:

$ Xvfb :1 -screen 0 800x600x16 &
$ export DISPLAY=":1.0"
$ octave
(plotting commands; all X output will be directed to the virtual screen)
$ exit
$ killall Xvfb

HTH,
Jonathan