Compiling Octave 2.9.12 --- Sparse matrix PROBLEMATIC

From: frigoris . ma
Subject: Compiling Octave 2.9.12 --- Sparse matrix PROBLEMATIC
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 19:06:11 +0800

Dear all:
I downloaded the Octave 2.9.12 source and ran the 'configure' shell script only to find some libraries concerning sparse matrices (UMFPACK, CHOLMOD, etc.) were missing. So I googled their names, obtained their codes and compiled them. Now the library files are at hand but I'v no idea how can I let Octave find them and link with them?? I've tried many times but no progress was made. Without those libraries Octave misfunctions on some of my program!

Any instructions appretiated!

Cong.