Re: Problem with installing packages in Octave

From: frigoris . ma
Subject: Re: Problem with installing packages in Octave
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 00:07:31 +0800

Thank you Quentin! Your hint is very important for me. I think I'll have to move to a higher version of Octave and try again. Thank you all.

Cong

On 7/21/07, Quentin Spencer <address@hidden> wrote:
address@hidden wrote:
> Thank you Søren for your instructions. I installed the octave-devel
> package from Fedora's yum and executed the same pkg install commands
> in Octave. But this time it returned the following error:
>

> error: dotexceptnewline: regexp not implemented in this version
>
> This time it seems to be some problem with regular expressions now...
> I'm sure something's missing but don't know what it is.
>
> Well still many thanks.
>
> And still expecting your suggestions...

Please note that the latest octave-forge really requires something more
recent than 2.9.9. There is an older octave-forge package in Fedora that
was compiled to go with the 2.9.9 release.

Quentin