Re: consistent crash using gammrnd

From: Daniel Oberhoff
Subject: Re: consistent crash using gammrnd
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 23:36:46 +0200

I can't do it as I have no access to the statistics toolbox, but please can someone else go through the distribution functions at least and see
that the interfaces are consistent..

Hi, I think we have the toolbox here. I don't use Matlab much these days since I don't have it on my laptop. How and what should I check? Here is the help info for expcdf:

 EXPCDF Exponential cumulative distribution function.
P = EXPCDF(X,MU) returns the cdf of the exponential distribution with location parameter MU, evaluated at the values in X. The size of P is the common size of the input arguments. A scalar input functions as a
    constant matrix of the same size as the other input.

    The default value for MU is 1.

    [P,PLO,PUP] = EXPCDF(X,MU,PCOV,ALPHA) produces confidence bounds
    for P when the input parameter MU is an estimate.  PCOV is the
variance of the estimated MU. ALPHA has a default value of 0.05, and specifies 100*(1-ALPHA)% confidence bounds. PLO and PUP are arrays of the same size as P containing the lower and upper confidence bounds. The bounds are based on a normal approximation for the distribution of
    the log of the estimate of MU.  You can get a more accurate set of
    bounds simply by using EXPFIT to get a confidence interval for MU,
and evaluating EXPCDF at the lower and upper end points of that interval.

    See also CDF, EXPFIT, EXPINV, EXPLIKE, EXPPDF, EXPRND, EXPSTAT.

Daniel