Re: subplot question between 2,1.xx and 2.9.12

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: subplot question between 2,1.xx and 2.9.12
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 20:34:52 +0900 (JST)

Dear Michael

Thank you for your suggestion.

> They are not ignored, but the "plot" command resets
> the axes object to
> its default state. Any title/label is then lost.
> This is compatible with Matlab.
> You can avoid the reset by turning on the hold
> state.
>
> Michael.

According to your suggestion, I wrote the code
****************
subplot(111);clg;
%

x=linspace(0,3*pi,301);
subplot(211);
xlabel("x \n");
ylabel("sin(x)\n");
axis([0 2*pi -1.1 1.1]);
hold on;
plot(x,sin(x));
drawnow;

%
subplot(212);
xlabel("x \n");
ylabel("cos(x)\n");
axis([0 2*pi -1.1 1.1]);
hold on;
plot(x,cos(x));
drawnow;
*****************
The above works well on 2.9.12 on cygwin.
(I am now at home, so I do not have your new binary of
pgnuplot for MSVC octave, so the two plots was
overlapped.)
However on 2.1.50, the second plot was not good (sin and
cos overlapped) becauce of hold on option on 2.1.xx
series.
 http://www.geocities.jp/tmacchant/Files/sbptest5.png

At the moment, it seems necessary to use the final ugly
code in my previous mail.

T. Matsuoka

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/