Re: gnuplot versus matlab plot: a suggestion

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: gnuplot versus matlab plot: a suggestion
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 16:12:02 -0500

On 14/07/07, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm not sure that the gnuplot backend will be used forever. I think that
the Java work and octplot will be better alternatives in the future.

I'm personally rooting for Octaviz. Even if VTK isn't GPLed. :-)

Yapso looks very nice too. OpenGL in one way or another is the way to
go. Has there been any development lately on yapso? I haven't checked
recently.

So, I think a separate gnuplot package is the way to go. But
that's just my opinion...

Mine too. I'm not at all happy with gnuplot's 3d plotting, for one,
although its 2d plotting seems good enough.

- Jordi G. H.