Re: Emacs and Octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Emacs and Octave
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:34:40 -0500

On 13/07/07, Javier Arantegui <address@hidden> wrote:

Now QtOctave seems to be a good IDE, but you need to compile it.

At least for users of apt-based GNU/Linux distros, there's no longer a
need for compilation! Or there won't be as soon as soon as QtOctave
clears Debian's NEW queue:

    http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

There's a one-month backlog in the NEW queue because the one Debian
developer who was working on it seems to be taking a vacation right
now. Looks like we'll have to wait. :-( I wish I could offer in the
meantime the dotdeb that I compiled for Debian, but I'm afraid that it
could break things if it's not build by Debian's autobuilders.

- Jordi G. H.