Re: division by zero

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: division by zero
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 16:02:08 +0200

On 09/lug/07, at 15:47, Michael Kopp wrote:

Hello,

when debugging octave code, I often have the problem that I receive
"division by zero" warnings but no hint about where in the code this
divisions occur. Is there a way of making octave tell me the line in which it encounters division by zero (e.g., by treating division by zero as an
error that stops the program)?

Thanks in advance,

Michael.

By similarity with Matlab,
maybe you can try

>> help debug_on_warning
-- Built-in Function: VAL = debug_on_warning ()
-- Built-in Function: OLD_VAL = debug_on_warning (NEW_VAL)
     Query or set the internal variable that controls whether Octave
     will try to enter the debugger when a warning is encountered.

I don't know whether it works well though...
c.