error: memory exhausted -- trying to return to prompt

From: rambovn
Subject: error: memory exhausted -- trying to return to prompt
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 05:23:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hallo,
I am trying to find the minimum of a function, I already used samin and
fminunc, and I got this above message of both functions after 2-3 hours
running.  Does anybody know the reason why I got this message and how to fix
it? I don't think it is because of lacking of memory.
Thank you very much for any advice.
Best regards
Anh