Plotting questions

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: Plotting questions
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 11:37:03 +0200

Dear all

I've got two questions regarding the plotting functions of Octave:

1. How can I change the labels of the tick marks in a plot with the recent
change  to the Matlab-like hanlde graphics?
In Matlab I'd do:

>> bar(rand(1,3)); % plot a bar graph with three bars
>> set(gca,'XTickLabel',['A';'B';'C']); % put labels 'A', 'B', and 'C' to the three bars

2. How can I plot with two different y axes?
In Matlab I'd to:

>> x=linspace(1,10,50);
>> plotyy(x,sin(x),x,cos(x))

I used to do this using the low-level __gnuplot_XXX__ commands, but I shouldn't be using them for compatibility with plotting interfaces other than Gnuplot and later versions of Octave.

Cheers
Matthias

-------
Matthias Brennwald