Re: Octave problem

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Octave problem
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 08:04:04 -0500

[deleted] wrote:

To whom it may concern, (Mr. Quentin Spencer, Mr. Hall)

The below article that I sent you long time ago had my personal data(my cell phone number), would you delete completely ?

I found on google by accident, it tell my personal data to everybody..

In addition, reply please.

You already sent this request a week ago, and I did as you requested and deleted your mail. I don't know what else you were expecting. I'm just a subscriber to this list and have no power to delete something from google search results. You sent an e-mail with your personal data to a public mailing list which is archived not just at octave.org, but by several other web sites (gmane, nabble, and probably others), so it is virtually impossible to delete that information after it is out. Furthermore, the two requests to delete your information you have sent to this list contained your original e-mail, with your cell phone number included (I removed it from my response), so the request probably had the effect of making the problem worse. If you don't want your cell phone number coming up on a google search, I suggest you change your cell phone number and use a little more common sense next time.

Quentin